Oscar De La Hoya tells of take use, cheating, intellection of suicide



Photo: accolade De La Hoya. Credit: Carlos composer / Los Angeles Times. Oscar De La Hoya says he has struggled with cocaine, alcohol and quality -- and has modify contemplated suicide.

"Rock lowermost was recently," the enclosing enthusiastic said in an discourse with Spanish-language journalist Univision, according to an English-language transcript it provided. "Within a pair of years, meet intellection if my chronicle was modify worth it. I don't hit the strength, I don't hit the spirit to verify my possess chronicle but I was intellection most it."

De La Hoya, who old in 2009 after success 10 concern titles in sextet divisions, said he has been get for threesome months.

"There were drugs. My take of pick was cocaine and alcohol, hmm. Cocaine was recent. The terminal 2 years, terminal 2½ eld and I depended more on the beverage than the cocaine," he said. "It took me to a locate where I change safe. It took me to a locate where I change as if nobody crapper feature anything to me. It took me to a locate where I meet crapper accomplish discover and clutch my mom."

Before his mother, Cecilia, died of boob cancer in 1990, De La Hoya promised her he would get an athletics metallic medal. He prefabricated beatific on his articulate in the 1992 metropolis Games.

De La Hoya won his terminal denomination in May 2006, fighting economist Mayorga in sextet rounds for the WBC 154-pound belt. He ended with a achievement of 39-6 and 30 knockouts.

MORE:

Q&A: The convey (again) of Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. on murder tests: He's for them

Abner Mares beatniks carpenter Agbeko for bantamweight concern title

-- Melissa Rohlin

Photo: accolade De La Hoya. Credit: Carlos composer / Los Angeles Times

The Associated Press contributed to this report.




Share your views...

0 Respones to "Oscar De La Hoya tells of take use, cheating, intellection of suicide"

Post a Comment

 

© 2010 Dig Dug