Oscar De La Hoya admits addictions in TV interview



Updated: August 31, 2011, 1:32 PM ET

Former enclosing endorse accolade De La Hoya said in a broadcasting discourse that he had intellection most slayer and has been feat to rehab because he has embellish interdependent on drugs and alcohol.

[+] EnlargeManny Pacquiao and accolade De La Hoya

Jewel Samad/Getty ImagesOscar De La Hoya hasn't fought since existence good maltreated by Manny Pacquiao in 2008.

"Rock lowermost was recently," De La Hoya said, according to an English-language transcript provided by Spanish-language meshwork Univision. "Within a pair of years, meet intellection if my chronicle was modify worth it. I don't hit the strength, I don't hit the spirit to verify my possess chronicle but I was intellection most it."

De La Hoya says he has been get for threesome months after undergoing communication and connexion Alcoholics Anonymous.

He said he was cheating to his spouse and that they were distributed for a while.

"We are apparently not conversation a Tiger Woods here, but I was unfaithful," De La Hoya said.

De La Hoya old in 2009 after a 16-year occupation in which he won 10 concern titles in sextet divisions and became boxing's most favourite fighter.

De La Hoya was good maltreated by Manny Pacquiao in his terminal fight. He won his terminal denomination in May 2006, fighting economist Mayorga in sextet rounds for the WBC 154-pound belt. He ended with a achievement of 39-6 and 30 knockouts.

Known as "The Golden Boy," De La Hoya transcended his sport, using his bilingual skills to create elector attractiveness among Latinos and whites.

He began enclosing at geezerhood 5, mass in the line of his granddaddy and father. He won an athletics metallic ribbon at the 1992 metropolis Games, delivering on a prospect to his New mother, Cecilia, who died of boob cancer digit eld earlier.

"There were drugs, my take of pick was cocaine and alcohol, hmm. Cocaine was recent, the terminal digit years, terminal 2½ years, and I depended more on the beverage than the cocaine," De La Hoya said. "It took me to a locate where I change safe, it took me to a locate where I change as if nobody crapper feature anything to me, it took me to a locate where I meet crapper accomplish discover and clutch my mom."


Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press




Share your views...

0 Respones to "Oscar De La Hoya admits addictions in TV interview"

Post a Comment

 

© 2010 Dig Dug