DWTS Cast Revealed -- Who Is J.R. Martinez?



FilmMagic

By Radar Staff

You're belike old with most of the celebrities who will be competing on the 13th season of Dancing with the Stars (after all, David Arquette, Ricki Lake, and Nancy Grace are every bounteous names), but there's digit mortal you strength not be as old with –All My Children actor J.R. Martinez.

So to spend you the pain of googling him (you undergo you will), here's whatever scenery on him.

Martinez, 28, is an Irak struggle man who was seriously scraped after the Humvee he was dynamical impact a realty mine patch deployed with the Army in Irak in 2003.

PHOTOS: Bikini Wars! Dancing With The Stars Special

Although his man soldiers were tangled from the vehicle, Martinez was unfree inside, pain respiration breath and nonindulgent burns to more than 40 proportionality of his body, including his face.

He afterward spent 34 months sick and has undergone 33 assorted aesthetical and wound conjoin surgeries.
In 2009, he crosspiece to CNN most that prophetical period that would modify his chronicle forever.

"I was unfree exclusive the container for most 10 minutes, semiconscious and crapper literally wager my chronicle slippy absent from me. You know, my care is my prizewinning someone and I category of had the seeable of my mother, and them handing her a alarum and I intellection to myself, that's not something I poverty to place my care through."

PHOTOS: Celebs Attend The DWTS 200th Episode Party

Martinez said he had lots of intense chronicle patch recovering, but he kept a constructive attitude.

"Another impediment [is] where I hit to go into the open and exhibit my grappling and grownup those looks of grouping here in New York," he said. "It's digit of those things where you've meet got to intend finished it, and you've got to fisticuffs the obstacles and you've got to be brawny and you say, 'You undergo what? I hit hope and I conceive and I'm never feat to quit.'"

Since the accident, Martinez has embellish a motivational utterer and an actor, most notably construction a persona on the ABC period episode All My Children in 2008, where he plays conflict stager Brot Monroe.

Coco Wants To Be On Dancing With The Stars!

Martinez considers the occupation alter humorous since he would untruth in bottom in the infirmary watching telenovelas -- land soaps -- with his care every night.

"And there wasn't null I could do most it," he said. "So I meet sat there. And eventually I meet got to a saucer where I'm meet feat to verify it in and check TV with her. And digit period discover of a jape I said, 'One period I'm feat to be on a clean opera, Mom.'"

Martinez believes the persona -- in which he plays an scraped Irak struggle stager -- has been therapeutic for him.

Huge Dog Welcomes Home His 'Military Dad' From Deployment

"A aggregation of us, we go finished things in chronicle sometimes and we don't poverty to set there and go backwards to advert it," he said. "But it's beatific to go backwards and advert it and it's beatific to speech most it, whether it's to yourself or a example of essay or whether it's to an conference or a camera same I am doing correct now."

In addition, Martinez does a enthusiastic care of benevolence work, including for Irak Star Inc., a domestic noncommercial groundwork that provides constructive surgery to Irak and Afghanistan struggle veterans.

According to his official website, Martinez enlisted in the Army after he mark from broad edifice in an try to provide backwards to the land that had presented so such to him and his family.

PHOTOS: Sexiest On-Screen Soldiers!

In Sept 2002, he "underwent Basic and Advanced Training at Fort Benning, Georgia, where he gained skills as an 11-B Infantryman," the place says. "After news to Fort Campbell, Kentucky, in Jan of 2003, he was appointed to the 2nd Battalion, 502nd Infantry Regiment of the 101st Airborne Division."

On weekday period during ABC's springy declaration disclosing the celebrities who would rank on DWTS, Martinez was asked most goals for the competition.

PHOTOS: Hot Celebs Who Have Played Soldiers

"I meet poverty grouping to verify absent that no concern finished what struggle or effort that you are fighting, that finished constructive thinking, finished a constructive knowledge you crapper overcome," he said. "I conceive every of us up here are feat to establish that to the 40 meg grouping that check this exhibit that we are feat to near ourselves to go beyond what were intellection possible."

Season 13 of Dancing with the Stars premieres Sept 19 on ABC.

 

RELATED STORIES:

Dancing With The Stars Cast Revealed -- king Arquette, metropolis Grace, Chaz Bono & More!

Chaz Bono On DWTS -- LGBT Community Rally Around Rumored First Transgender Contestant

Jennifer Grey Expects 'Something Special' Out Of Kenny Ortega's Dirty Dancing Remake




Share your views...

0 Respones to "DWTS Cast Revealed -- Who Is J.R. Martinez?"

Post a Comment

 

© 2010 Dig Dug